Downloading on W10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all trying to download Kodi 17 Krypton on to my laptop windows 10, but keep getting kaspersky security message saying malware infection it deletes Kodi,but when virus check has finish nothing is found,try about 4 times now and the same thing happens.
Any ideas please.
Ps have downloaded Kodi 16.1 previous with no probs.

Sponsored Links
Check on Kapersky website for any know problems. Can you find another site to download it from; it is possible that it's a genuine virus.

Thank for you reply Doggit I actual download from the official Kodi tv web site,so thought it would ok,is there any other safe web sites to download from you no.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'm looking at the Kodi system at the moment, so I can't help much more in that direction, but you could try download.cnet.com. The last thing you want to do is disable Kapersky as you'll be open to all sorts of problems. You either need to find out why kaperskys giving you problems, or install another virus checker whilst you do the download. Have you had a look on the Kodi forum, or even uploaded the problem there.

Hi Doggit yes I have been on the Kodi forum and there others that have had same problem but I get lost in
The jargon when they talk about files etc. one guy wrote he tryed the nightly download and it was ok but didn't work for me same problem accursed.

Thanks for help Doggit I will try the roll back option and see what I can sort out Karpersky.
Cheers.

I've just downloaded V17, and it's installed without a problem, but I'm running Norton. Now I've got to find out how to install the extra bits.

I'm sure you already know but, just in case, if you disable or remove Kaspersky AV the Windows Defender built in to W10 will automatically take over.

I use Windows Defender and no third party AV software, but also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free).

Great Doggit I think I will have to do something about Kaspersky and have look at windows defender as JBR suggested.
Cheers.

I use Windows Defender and no third party AV software

Woaw dangerous. Windows defender always gets the worst rating in any of the AV tests, and doesn't always switch itself back on. Better to download a free copy of AVG instead; nowhere as good as Kapersky or Norton, but much better that Defender.

I followed a good youtube video for the install, but it's not a very intuitive setup, and I'm still struggling with it. Amazon prime asks me for an email, and although I can ind loads of new films, I can't seem to watch them, and it keeps telling me there's no PVR set up, but I'm sure there's one there. Are there any tutorials on using Kodi.

Woaw dangerous. Windows defender always gets the worst rating in any of the AV tests, and doesn't always switch itself back on. Better to download a free copy of AVG instead; nowhere as good as Kapersky or Norton, but much better that Defender.

I followed a good youtube video for the install, but it's not a very intuitive setup, and I'm still struggling with it. Amazon prime asks me for an email, and although I can ind loads of new films, I can't seem to watch them, and it keeps telling me there's no PVR set up, but I'm sure there's one there. Are there any tutorials on using Kodi.
Hi Doggit just downloaded Kodi no probs haven't change anything thought I would give it one try and bingo.as regards tutorials I got mine off YouTube. Anyway Doggit thanks for help. Let me how you get on.
Cheers.

I can only speak for myself, but I have found no problems with Windows Defender. I have never seen it switch itself off either.

Of course, I use the internet sensibly and don't push my luck clicking on anything that looks suspicious.

I can only speak for myself, but I have found no problems with Windows Defender

This is one of the problems though. Some viruses are just malicious, whilst others just collect information about you, and you've no idea they are there. In many ways, the tests that some the magazine do, aren't real world, and I've never (in over 40 years) seen many of the virus's they use for the tests, but I always worked on the basis that you just can't be too careful with your computer.

Sponsored Links
Back