Windows Update

I had a look at the X-box thing. After trying to connect and open it for five minutes or so, I finally found some Spider Solitaire games available on the app. store. Unfortunately, none were like the original that I still have on my Windows 7 computer, and none were quite as good as the third-party version I downloaded yesterday.

Thanks anyway.

i think we are sad old bu66ers :LOL:

i down loaded windows 10 then spent ages getting it to look as much like windows xp as possible :D

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'm quite happy with the appearance of Windows 7, which I still have on my main laptop.

I 'upgraded' to W10 on my smaller laptop just to see what it is like. The way I have it set up is not too dissimilar to W7, but I'm still exploring it to see if there are any real advantages over W7. So far, I think it may be a little quicker at booting up.

I have Win10 on my computer. Sadly not running up to my expectations and doubly sadly I can't now revert to Win7. Main problems are the Edge browser running slower than a slug on morphine, despite having followed all the instructions on the Microsoft user forums to get it running fast. It just slows down after a few days (and I'm not about to keep deleting the cache every time I turn the damn thing on) Some apps seem to run slower than ever on Win10. I'm beginning to wonder if MS have introduced a bit of a lemon.

I have Win10 on my computer. Sadly not running up to my expectations and doubly sadly I can't now revert to Win7. Main problems are the Edge browser running slower than a slug on morphine, despite having followed all the instructions on the Microsoft user forums to get it running fast. It just slows down after a few days (and I'm not about to keep deleting the cache every time I turn the damn thing on) Some apps seem to run slower than ever on Win10. I'm beginning to wonder if MS have introduced a bit of a lemon.
That's a bit worrying.
I haven't tried Edge. I still have Firefox and Chrome, which run well enough on W10.
It's hard to tell whether some programmes run more slowly on my W10 laptop, as the thing is inherently slow anyway. Generally, most things run more quickly on my W7 laptop, but that's because it has better hardware.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, can I join the old bu66ers club? ;)

I have got Win10 and using Edge is a pain too.

It's not so much slow, but I find it does not display web pages as it should, just like its predecessor.

Look at the same site in Chrome and it's fine.

If you are having problems with slow running, try CCleaner.

It's cleared loads of dross off my system and now the red HDD light is not on permanently anymore!!!

Well, I've downloaded and installed the "Fall Update" for Win10. Still had to run Advanced System Care8 so Edge would run smoothly. Seems ok at the moment, but let's wait and see if it slows down after a few days. ;)

Back