Downstairs heating turning itself on, upstairs fine?

Spoke with a local guy who occasionally does homers and he also reckoned it was the synchron motor that needed replacing (reckoned about £60 for the motor and 20m job for someone who knows what they're doing). If that is the issue, I might be able to DIY it but if there's soldering involved I might as well get in someone who knows what they're doing.

Sponsored Links
no soldering involved, but would be unusual to get that fault with a synchron motor, the test i told you to do with the resistance on the levers is you testing the synchron motors, and they are no where near £60

no soldering involved, but would be unusual to get that fault with a synchron motor, the test i told you to do with the resistance on the levers is you testing the synchron motors, and they are no where near £60
Thanks for the reply Ian. Given that the lever feels like it has normal resistance when the heating is off (obviously when it's running it slides easily), do you have any suggestion as to what the likely issue is or do you agree with the microswitch being the culprit?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back