DPC / DPM and retaining wall question. (picture)

My Internet is down so trying this on phone!

You say berlingo may end up on garage! Can you recommend what size footing and wall you would build please.

Digger going back tomorrow so would like to try and get it sutible and accepted by building inspector.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
My Internet is down so trying this on phone!

You say berlingo may end up on garage! Can you recommend what size footing and wall you would build please.

Digger going back tomorrow so would like to try and get it sutible and accepted by building inspector.

Thank you.

Matty, WTF aren't these speccd on your working dwgs that have been passed by LABC? I'm assuming it's gone through BRegs as a full application and you're not doing it on a Building Notice?

As an aside if you don't have these working dwgs, Freddy did post a working detail (which he has since removed). If you thank him and ask him very nicely he may pop it back for you to work from as it was ideal for your situation. You should be grateful though, people have to pay a lot of money for these type of details.

Gonna need a lot more info to even give a rougher idea of sizes.. photos speak a thousand words.. but would also need to know type of soil, what your bearing onto under the footings, what grade of concrete, more info on this road behind the wall..

In the end i could never prove a 75mm thick cavity filled retaining wall on a 600mm wide base..

Be warned that you will be undermining the road (gully way) and that you will need to support this somehow.. even if its not traffic'd often there is a chance a some lost fool might drive up there while you have the excavations open..

Sponsored Links
Freddy did post a working detail (which he has since removed). If you thank him and ask him very nicely he may pop it back for you to work from as it was ideal for your situation.

Yes he did! But rather than give me a few hours ( was s weekend) to make a few phone calls Monday morning to see if products was sutible for what I wanted, well he removed his post! Sad really , guess he must have issues going on or somthing ?

Sorry but I'm not going to thank someone for info that maybe ******! Anyway,

guess he must have issues going on or somthing ?
You're right, frankly I'm sick of ungrateful feckers not even acknowledging a post let alone a thanks. A new member I can forgive, they're two a penny and often bring little to the Forum but when a regular does it, it gets my goat. With a post count of over 1700 and only 11 thanks you appear to have taken from the Forum rather more than you have given! It didn't take long to knock up a detail, convert it to a PDF, convert that to a jpg, upload it and write a reply (of which the design and product suggested were sound), not too much to expect an acknowledgement is it? From now on regulars who offer no thanks or acknowledgement and should know better are never to receive free professional help or advice from me again and can go spin! Simples!

I saw the detail Freddy and it was ideal and very good too. I don't know what's gone on here but I know it's a kick in the balls when you provide advice and it don't get acknowledged (and I'm not talking about the "thank you" button).

That's only multiplied when it's a regular you've helped out. Shame.

In Matty's defence...

With a post count of over 1700 and only 11 thanks you appear to have taken from the Forum rather more than you have given!

Not seen the stickies in the flooring section then eh Fred? 40,000+ other users have, can't imagine how you missed 'em?

i have my internet back on now.

To answer a few questions in one post.

All has been passed by the council planning etc andi recived the approval. However it turns out i was missing the structural engineers reports that i now have. Still they seem poor and dont tell me much.

The footings etc have been passed by Building regs on there site visit. All is sorted now as the chap from building regs told me what he wanted and i also spoke the the structural engineer.

Deluks, thanks for sticking up for me.

Fred i put alot into this forum thanks. The reason why i have low 'thanks' is because others link to me posts and they get thanked instead of me.

But i dont get the hump and erase what i have written. The forum is designed to help people. There is no way i will thank someone without confirming that what is suggested is correct or will work. How am i to know if what you put up was correct? Other people will search the forum and find this post and read whats been written. If it is wrong and i start saying thanks they will presume its correct info when its not and so on.

I would of said 'thanks' to you on monday morning when i logged on to say 'thanks' .

Never mind anyway.

Thanks to everyone else who helped out.

Hi i am not a builder but just wanted to ask that i have a garage being built and there is a course of dpc and dpm on the engineering bricks and then the concrete blocks are above that. Now does my concrete floor have to be above the dpc/dpm level as this would raise my floor level too hi as my builder has put to many engineering bricks in the wall. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back