Dpc/dpm/outside ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Apologies for the quality of the sketch but in some places the outside ground level of my extension will be just above finished floor level. There are no door openings in this area. I'm having 100mm slab on top of 100mm insulation.
I'm wondering if what I've tried to draw here is vaguely feasible? I've come up with it through a lot of trawling through similar posts! Really appreciate any advice as ever. I've already poured mass fill foundations to 450mm / 2 block courses below dpc level.

PS I think I might need to fill the cavity (lean mix) higher than I've shown in the pic, if I'm on the right track at all...

Green line on the pic is dpm (and dpc)
Cheers
John

Attachments

• IMAG1170.jpg
    IMAG1170.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,423
Sponsored Links
This is what bco has suggested incase it's of use to anyone

Attachments

• IMAG1171.jpg
    IMAG1171.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,273
Your bco is a bit crap. His suggestion allows a potential route for moisture.

Screenshot_2017-03-06-21-43-34.jpg

Your suggestion is OK, but this might be simpler

Screenshot_2017-03-06-21-48-38.jpg

Edit: but without the black cavity tray - just the red one. And just the one set of weep holes where the cavity tray is.

Thanks Woody I hadn't realised the moisture issue, could that also be fixed by just continuing the internal dpm higher up to the same level as the external?
On your sketch is the Dpm crossing the cavity horizontally or is that part of the cavity tray?
Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
Hi Woody, I have a similar situation, can you please clarify how the BCO's route will allow moisture to pass through?

Rising damp would be stopped as there is still a DPC present.

Are you talking about moisture rising up building up within the cavity and then passing through?

Look forward to your response.

EA7,
Perhaps you dont realise it but the thread is from 2017?
Whatever, why not post a separate thread in this same building forum.

FWIW: there's much wrong in the above OP's sketch - maybe you could post details & a sketch of your situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back