dpc level cavity fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone please tell me how im supposed to fill my cavity up to dpc level, I have been told that it should be a lean mix of contrete sloping towards the outside leaves. Is this correct and what is considered a lean mix?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
don't under any circumstances fill the cavity all the way up to dpc. the concrete must finish 225mm below dpc.

chuck it in, level and tamp it with a stick.

mix it 8:1

helpneedhelp said:
8:1, Being 8 Parts Agregate (chippings to dust) to 1 part cement

no. 8:1 being 8 parts ballast (sand 'n' gravel mixed) to one cement.

Sponsored Links
thanks noseall can i ask why does this need to be done?
On the building regs it shows a picture of the mix being sloped towards the outside wall of the cavity.

this so that the walls don't collapse into the cavity when you start compacting stone and soil around them.

most important me thinks.

the slope on the concrete is there to deflect any water out and away from the internal wall should any find its way into the cavity.

ok my cavity is only one block high to dpc, so that would only give me about an inch of concrete to allow my 225mm clearance is that enough?

don't bother even filling that amount.

only one block high! i hope you're not thinking of fitting any drain gulleys close to the wall are you?

I have gone one block high, because ive done a trench fill foundation
and i have hade to step up my dpc about 50mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back