Dpc on steel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, doing some work around the site and building a large she'd. Block layer had built on top of steel lintel. Is it correct to just put the DPC on top of the steel lintel then bed mortar off it for the block or does it also need it under the DPC aswell. Afraid it'll be a weak joint along top of the lintel.

Pics later.

Sponsored Links
Which one of us has been in the sun too long? I've not got a scooby what any of that means. o_O

I'm not a builder but I'm not sure what a dpc would do above a steel. Unless you mean a cavity tray?
Either way gravity should hold things down, if it is an unsupported parapet or similar then you would need to strap it down in some way.

Sponsored Links
Presume it is a dpc tray , but I think they are just asking if the dpc should be sandwiched between mortar on top of the steel lintel .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back