drained system - Now no heating or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just drained my system and refilled it. It was all going so well. I removed the air from my radiators then thought right...let's do it and turned on the boiler. It ignited!! Fantastic!

Now here's the sad part.... i wanted to make sure the heating and hot water still worked and left it for 20 mins. There is no heating coming through on the rads and the boiler has gone out and won't respond when I flip the switch for heating and hot water.

the pump seems to be making a humming noise which it never did before.

I have a potterton Profile e50 boiler with a separate hot water tank and cold water tank in the loft.

there are 2 motors which usually have slidie bars that move when the heating or hot water is turned on. These did not seem to be working and the fact that the pump sounds a bit funny too.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've just bled the pump and Hey Presto I get heating!

One question though, what level should the pump be set at.

It's sitting on 3 at the moment and running fine, no funny sounds or anything. Before it was set to 2. This may be an obvious question, but should I set it back to 2?

Thanks... This is a bloomin' good website. I've learnt alot in the past 24hours!!

:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back