Draingage and weatherproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have to address the small concrete area at the back of my house. It seems to be holding rainwater and theres no way it can excape via the drain as it seems to be too flat.

I would like to sort this out but unsure how to go about it, Im a novice when it comes to doing any work like this. Do i need to create a slope somehow for the water to carry? and make a drain? system? any advice would be really useful.

Sponsored Links
are you asking whether or not it is possible to drain the existing concrete slab, or that you are going to remove the existing slab and seek information as to how to drain the new area?

Yes im asking if its possible to drain the exisitng conrete, and if so how to go about it as I havent a clue

gravity.

the only way is to fit a drain gulley at the lowest point, this is usually where water collects.

this may involve much digging and breaking of the existing concrete.

the gulley can either be drained into an existing storm drain system or routed to a soakaway which will need to be 5m away from any building.

if the ground is clay, forget a soakaway.

Sponsored Links
The ground is flat, hence the collecting of water not draining away, how would I create a slope in the concrete?

my idea was to create a channel for the water to collect in which is linked to the storm water drain, but i need to create a slope in the concrete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back