Drains on or near conservatory bases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. I would like some information please. At the moment we are contemplating putting a conservatory on the back of our house to replace our old decking. I have done some research and we are not sure of the size we are going to have yet, but whatever size we do have the drain that runs in line with the main drain will either be covered by the base or be very close to the conservatory boundaries. Does the drain need to be moved or as some other people have suggested does the drain cover need to be replaced with a double seal cover. The foundations will not cover the drain cover or the run line but the base will. Any advice you can give me would be helpful. Many thanks for your help. :?:

Sponsored Links
How can the foundations not interfere with the drain but the base will? :confused:

How deep are the drains?

You can build immediately adjacent to drains so long as you take necessary precautions, i.e. the foundations are deeper than the drain invert and you insert some kind of slippage barrier like insulation or clay guard etc.

Sorry my mistake. Yes the base would interfere with the drain run. must have been the time of the morning when I asked the question. The drain in question goes down to about 1 metre depth so I would think that they would have to be re-routed Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back