Draughty Patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had new Halo sliding patio doors fitted. There is a draught under the fixed portion of the door, which the company claim is inevitable due to drain holes in the frame. There is also a draught from the joint between the two centre vertical frame edges where the doors overlap.
Given that the fixed and sliding centre vertical frame sections are the same width, should they be aligned and vertically parallel, such that when closed I can only see the inner section? With mine I can see about 10mm of the fixed frame because the sliding portion appears to not close enough, suggesting that they have been made slightly too large. It seems as if the vertical brush seals are fairly wide apart. The company claim this overlap is correct and is how they are designed.
What are the regulations, if any, regarding draughts and fitting standards for such doors?
My 30 year old tilt and slide previous doors sealed perfectly until the rubber started to deteriorate recently, and I only fitted new as I assumed that standards would be higher now.

Sponsored Links
Might be better to get this moved to the window forum, as there are a few fitters there who may be more able to answer.

In general terms, you should expect any plastic door or window system to be draught-free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back