Drayton acl Lifestyle Mid-Position Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radiators have begun to heat up for no apparent reason. only way to stop them was to turn off the power to the boiler. Have since discovered that the Drayton acl Lifestyle Mid-Position valve 679H340-30LO in the airing cupboard isn't working as it should. The most obvious thing wrong is the smell. Either the motor or the small board with resistor and micro switch are completely burnt out. Not really keen on draining the system, so would like to just change the actuator and leave valve in situ. As this unit is quite old (fitted 1995) I'm struggling to find a direct replacement, the new ones seem to "clip" on rather than be screwed on as this one appears to be (not taken it off yet - so I don't know).
Can any one advise a good replacement

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,017
Sponsored Links
You could try changing the syncron motor but best bet is to change the whole valve.

Hi DP
Thanks for the quick response - never drained the system before but theres always a first time

Sponsored Links
HI Robo
Thanks, will bite the bullet and go for the whole valve

will bite the bullet and go for the whole valve
I'm afraid there's no option; your valve does not have replaceable actuators. It's the complete valve or live with the problem.

Get a Honeywell V4073.

Have a search on here. There was a thread on how to swap the new style actuator onto old style body but it's a bit of muck about to do it and I have never been arsed to do so. Some of the parts of each type are also directly interchangeable but I can't remember if the board is or not which is most likely at fault if it's not the motor. Motor is a two minute change.

God if I only had a danfos I might be tempted to spend half a day modifying the original valve to take the new actuator.

Thanks all for your help

In the end I bought the direct replacement for the old Drayton (actuator and valve). Took about 10 mins to partially drain system and about the same time to install the valve and wire up actuator. Took about an hour to bleed the system and eventually get all back up and running. Should be a bit easier to replace the next time and a bit cheaper. Total cost was 79 pounds, which for a burn't out micro switch is a bit steep
Anyway, I'm also a bit wiser.

Thanks again

It may have been just the Synchron motor, as someone else advised you. They're easy enough to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back