Drayton Lifestyle Motorised Valve Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced Drayton 3 way valve withe Siemens CMV3 valve.

Valve works fine on HW only and CH only but when both are called to run together the CH will not shut off on the room stat.

I have to switch the CH to off on the programmer.

Wired up as per the wiring Diagram with the Siemens valve but perhaps I need to swap a wire over in the room stat?.

Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
The room stat is only basically a switch it's either on/off.
When you turn the stat down when heating/hw are on are you still getting 230v on the white wire to the valve ?

I have not checked to see if I am getting 230v on the white wire with the stat turned down when CH/HW are on. I will check later when home.

I did replace wires colour for colour but thats not to say I did not make a mistake and perhaps I need to double check.

Assuming I wired it up correctly and voltages are OK what else could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
It's the power on the white that drives the motor to mid point and also 'holds' it there.
When room stat cuts off the supply, the holding voltage ceases and the return spring causes the valve motor to unwind.
I trust you have not got the lever latched on to 'manual'. stopping the valve returning to HW. That is assuming CH has become satisfied before HW

Bit of a school boy error here. Checked all connections in cable marshalling box and found Orange wire not connected properly.

All working perfectly now.

Never used this site before so your guidance is much appreciated.

If you ever need to know anything about pumps (SPP Pumps Ltd) i'm your man.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back