Backwards Room Stat

Hello Andy,

The wiring you quoted was there when we moved in, 3 wires from a 4 terminal stat probably was dangerous I don't know but I have changed the room stat for a non neutral one. It's still not earthed though only 2 wires coming from it to the programmer & the valve. 1 terminal on the new stat is not being used (Q12). Should it be? It's battery operated.

Sponsored Links
DIYIdoit,

The programmer's CH ON switch contacts probably welded together at the time the fuse blew, and terminal 4 has now become a permanent LIVE. This would be confirmed if terminal 2 (CH OFF) fails to become LIVE whenever the central heating is turned off at the programmer.

So, it appears that you may need a new programmer. Buying an identical model would mean that you could reuse the existing wall-plate and avoid any rewiring. LP522 programmers are frequently available on eBay for under £20, e.g. see THIS.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Cheers CH4, I'll wire no2 up ad see if it becomes live. Thanks for the link also, original cost me £60!!!

:?: What does the d stand for in DHW?

Sponsored Links
It's possible, that if you've been blowing fuses, the programmer contacts have been carrying too much current and have become welded together and so permanently on.

Just to say a MASSIVE thanks for your help on this matter, I rewired the room stat as directed and fitted a new programmer (from eBay) this weekend and everything is A OK.

Cheers guys,

Pete.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can anyone help...My cylinder stat blew and took out the programmer.
On inspection it looks like a simple case of replacing LK7 (it sits on the PCB and is connected to the 'Live in' pin and is positioned next to RV1) which, although cooked, looks like it may have been a resistor.
Does anyone have any idea what LK7 is on the Honeywell ST6400 programmer and it's value please?
Many thanks...Razzler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back