Drayton LP241 to Nest 3rd generation query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

My Drayton LP241 has started acting up so I've bought a Nest 3rd generation to replace it and the thermostat. I've searched the Internet for help with wiring and would appreciate it if someone could confirm or correct my workings out:

LP N - Nest N

LP L - Nest L

LP 1 - Nest 4 (Hot water satisfied)

LP 3 - Nest 6 (Hot water call for heat)

LP 4 - Nest 3 (Heating call for heat)

Am i correct in thinking I would then need a link cable from Nest L to Nest 2 and Nest 5?

I plan on using the new thermostat with a plug so not quite sure what to do with the old thermostat, is it possible to move wire 2 in the thermostat into wire 1 and leave in situ?

All help appreciated
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201101_092417.jpg
    20201101_092417.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 20201101_092114.jpg
    20201101_092114.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 231
Sponsored Links
Yes to all, for future information you have a Y plan system, I would disconnect the neutral wire on the existing thermostat and isolate it, it is for a heat anticipator and uses a small amount of electricity, not a large amount but no point in heating it when it isnt doing anything

Yes to all, for future information you have a Y plan system, I would disconnect the neutral wire on the existing thermostat and isolate it, it is for a heat anticipator and uses a small amount of electricity, not a large amount but no point in heating it when it isnt doing anything

Thank you for confirming that. It is very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back