Drayton sca to Hive 2 combi boiler thermo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’m looking to install a single channel Hive2 using the existing backplate from my Drayton digistat. Can anyone advise if the is a straight swap or would the wiring need changing . Pic below of the existing config. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• B15CE016-E674-4125-A8B4-BEB434DB0752.jpeg
    B15CE016-E674-4125-A8B4-BEB434DB0752.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 271
Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with the Hive terminals, but it seems very simple...so simple that the fact that you're asking for help means that you have little electrical expertese, but enough bravado to be dangerous!

Not wishing to upset you, but my strong suggestion is that you let a more competent person do this.

Brown wire is live, blue is neutral. The black and grey cores are the switched output.

Thanks for the observation . I only asked as the Hive diargram shows live, neutral, common, heating on and heating off terminals (5) plus earth, an extra connection to the existing Drayton. I simply asked for advice or confirmation whether this would need a rewire as I’ve read on one or two expert forums that it could be installed onto the existing backplate.. which I wasn’t sure was accurate. And no, I’m not upset just looking for some clarification

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back