Drayton stiff TRV - can't turn off completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mcmillanandrew,

In the end I had to replace the TRV head with a new one, so I suggest you try that first before getting a plumber, it might save you a small fortune :D
Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Sponsored Links
Sorry old thread but I’ve got the same problem.
I’ve got Drayton TRV 4’s and one isn’t switching the rad off. It’s in a room with 2 other radiators and it’s the only one not switching off so I don’t believe it’s frost protection.
I’ve removed the plastic head and the pin is stiff but using something hard it does press in. A previous poster mentioned replacing the head. Is that just the plastic top or the chrome body with sensor head. I wouldn’t know where to start in replacing that as I assume the rad would need draining first.
Anyone fixed a Drayton TRV 4 not switching a radiator off?

===============================
Please start a new thread otherwise people have to read 3 pages of old stuff before seeing your question
Mod
===============================

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you apologised for resurrecting an old thread, but it’s nearly 11 years old! Better to start a new one.

If the rad isn’t shutting off, I doubt replacing the head will do anything. You either need a new valve, or there’s a stop that needs removing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back