Drayton Wiser Firing When Stat is Above Setpoint!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused...As per the title really. I have just swapped out a Hive for the Wiser and have noticed since, that it is firing (albeit not often but still noticeably) when the stat is reporting that the room temp is above the setpoint. Is this normal behaviour or is there a fault or is there a setting that I should be changing?.

I have also noticed that when approaching the setpoint temperature the controls, again noticeably "calls for heat - stops - calls for heat" whereas the Hive just ploughed on through at full pelt until the setpoint was reached then switched off. I have to admit that I prefer the way that the Wiser handles this as the house feels more comfortable with a more even temperature.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20220116-161759.jpg

Thanks @BlueLoo

currently I have both of those set to OFF. Are you saying that Eco ON would/should lessen what I am seeing or were you thinking that I had it switched ON and that was the reason for the Wiser firing the boiler?

Sponsored Links
I thought you had them on lol.

My missus commented on the stability and consistency of the wiser system.

It's very fire/forget and does a great job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back