Drayton Wiser smart multizone kit question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, probably due to age, my Drayton TRV4 valve head on one of my rads in the kitchen snapped and fell off. No problem, I’ll just get another one. While searching online to see if you can just buy the head only, I noticed that Drayton do smart thermostats and multizone kits. I’m wondering whether anyone has any experience of such a kit? Are they just a gimmick? Can they be fitted by the average bloke who can read instructions or do you need to be a bit of an electrical brain box?

I have a Vaillant Ecotec plus 18kw conventional boiler, sealed system, unvented hot water, ten rads. In the last two years, I’ve had a new digital programmer and roomstat fitted plus I’ve also recently fitted 6 TRV4's to my rads so I now have TRV4’s to all my rads bar the one in the lounge where the room stat is. Would it be a waste of money to junk them so soon?

Sponsored Links
I've taken notice of such things lately as well, there’s quite a few options from different manufactures offering similar systems. I was considering them as an option to control the bedrooms in my house.

Been wondering whether to go simple and get some standalone timed heads, or go for a more advanced all encompassing system. I've got a vaillant combi with weather compensation - tado claim some level of digital communication with the boiler rather than just basic on/off, but to exactly what degree I think I will have to contact their support to find out.

That's the main reason I was interested - so that I could have the upstairs rooms on only, set to specific temperatures, on particularly cold evenings without having them controlled by a room stat in the lounge that nobody is sitting in as well as warming up the kitchen, hall, downstairs bog and hall. I was wondering if you do away with the room stat and the boiler will fire up at set times to make each rad come up to its set temperature before shutting down. I'd have thought there would have been a few people on here that had either installed them, knew about them or used them. Seems not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back