Dremel multi tool uses -circular blade diameter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut through 16mm engineered flooring neatly along the join to patch in about 1 sq metre. Are there circular cutting blades on a Dremel large enough to make a vertical cut at 90 degrees or would the body of the machine get in the way and force the blade off-vertical?
Many thanks for opinions.

Sponsored Links
A Dremel would be useless, as it will not have the power to cut through 16 m/m, even if you could find discs big enough, which I doubt.

Many thanks guys, I had my doubts about the Dremel, it does look bit lightweight. Any ideas best place to buy it ie cheapest, I know Screwfix don't sell it.....

Sponsored Links
The Fein is pretty expensive if you are not going to use it everyday. Go for the Bosch equivalent, will do a similar job. You may need to get different blades for it though.

B&Q sell the Bosch Pmf 180 E it for about 60 squid i think.

If it is a one off job then get the bosch if you are looking to use it more regularly then get the fein.

I will say that it is the best detail sander that I have ever used (the fein that is)

Great tx, got the Bosch and it does the job very well.
Thanks for all input..........................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back