Using an angle grinder safely and multi surface blades

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There was also what could have been fatal or emasculating when a guy fitted a blade to a grinder and it bounced off the work piece, hitting his upper thigh. He could easily have been off to A&E with his nuts in an ice cream tub
What exactly did he do wrong?

1586551642126274740611887876261.jpg
15865516697812579754344616378015.jpg
You have two different discs there. The one in the grinder IS dished and is on the wrong way round, Can you not see that it's touching the guard? The ones in the tin are flat discs, It doesn't matter which way they fit. the dished ones do. my other advice still stands, If you cannot see the difference, I respectfully ask you to put the grinder back in it's box until this lockdown is over and wait until someone can SHOW yo what you need to do. The NHS is on the brink already and they don't need anymore people in A&E

had it both ways around in the pictures on previous post and you said it was the wrong way round. So just to confirm this in pictures above is the right way round for dished disc?

Will get it all checked as well like u said and thanks .

Last edited:
Put the power tool down and walk away from it..........................carry on with the jigsaw. (not the power tool type)

Andy

Basically don't use a circular saw blade in an anglegrider is the message. They were talking about the locking switch in anglegriders making them dangerous. I take it that's the blue button u use to take the blade on or off.

Any advice safety advice using an anglegrider safely with correct blade and with it put on correctly?

Personally am scared of anglegriders and use them once every six months to cut a bit of metal. Previously I got someone in the shop to put blade on.

The locking switch the type of switch that enables you to lock the on/off switch in the on position.

View attachment 188469 View attachment 188470

had it both ways around in the pictures on previous post and you said it was the wrong way round. So just to confirm this in pictures above is the right way round for dished disc?

Will get it all checked as well like u said and thanks .
You are persistent I'll give you that. Now as Herts P & D said. WALK AWAY FROM THE ANGLE GRINDER. Go and do something safer. Yes, we can tell you how to fit the blade. What we don't know is, How you are holding the work piece, how thick or big the workpiece is. Loads of variables. This is NOT the time to be having an accident and having to use NHS resources unnecessarily. and yes. playing with an angle grinder IS unnecessary.

As said above unless absolutely necessary, don't use the following tools. Chainsaw, angle grinder, standalone circular saw, all are more than capable of inflicting horrific injuries.

I don't want to sound mean, but your posts suggest you are a bit clueless, whilst it's laudable you "have a go" you come across as a liability.

Please for everyone's sake, step away from the tools.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back