dremel safety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it enough just to wear some eye goggles, face mask, and maybe workman gloves while using a dremel for cutting metal or do you need to go the full face mask?
Was reading a few threads and occasionally you'd see one where the user said the cutting/sanding tool "blew up" in front of them. Not sure I want a cutting blade in my face :eek:

Sponsored Links
You are as safe as you want to be. I know it can be a bit awkward with all the safely stuff on, you only got to make one mistake and you never know when it's going to happen.

So, would you wear:
- a full face mask or
- just safety glasses and dust mask (I think this covers most of face ?)

If so, got any links where I can get a face mask from as I don't see these sold that often?

This is the one I have, it's a full face visor with chin guard as well. I find you get a better view than the goggle but depending on the job you're doing & how powerful your tool is.

img20070220145622_362217.jpg

Here is where my company buy most of our PPE from.

www.keyind.co.uk

Sponsored Links
I use the uvex ultravision goggles, and if its a job where i will get a face full, i use the uvex face shield that just clips onto the bottom of the goggles.
Much more user friendly imo.

Not heard of that one, is it this one? Seem to be more comfortable

A511-8500_product.jpg

Thanks, I have got them goggles, shall buy the face shield, not expensive either!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back