Drill bits, rawlplugs and screws.

Chuck them if you wish. I was keen to avoid a similar problem so when I needed more wallplugs, I had a look in the local DIY stores and found plasplugs in Homebase:

https://www.plasplugs.co.uk/solid-w...plugs-heavy-duty-brown-supergrips-and-screws/

Comes in a resealable box. There's enough screws for the wall plugs, and the lid tells you the size so you know which drill bit size you need.

I bought red, yellow and brown versions. I have a set of bosch multiconstruction drill bits which come in a box. Both the box and the drill bits themselves have the sizes printed on them. Certainly makes my life easier when needing to hang things up.

Sponsored Links
In our 1950's terrace house its a 5mm masonary bit for a a brown Rawl plug!.

Had to use frame fixings to secure the kitchen wall cupboards adequately (amazed the wall is still up the amount of glasses in there!.

Sponsored Links
Buy Rawlplug® UNO® plastic plugs. They are the only ones I now use. Yellow - drill size 5mm, will accept No.6 and No.8 screws (that's 3.5 or 4mm in Euro-speak). Red: Drill size 6mm will accept No 8 and No 9 (4mm and 4.5mm) Brown: Drill 7mm, accepts No 10 and No 11 (5 & 5.5mm) screws, Blue: Drill size 8mm screw size 12 (6mm) and finally, Grey: drill 10mm and screw size 8mm (5/16"). For most jobs red plugs are adequate, but for holding small items such as cable trunking, yellow are fine. However, for heavy loads, the larger plugs should be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back