Drill bits

I know what you mean!

I very much subscribe to "you get what you pay for" but the Hitachi looks good for the price.

I've seen the Dewalt DW625EK for about £260 but for something that might get used a once a year is the £110 extra worth it. For this project I'll need to use it to cut 4 holes minimum in some decking. If I do get a router I might re-think recessing in the sleepers so say 8-10 cuts max.

Sponsored Links
PS: What would be a good starter bit set?

Lots of starter sets out there but, FWIW, probably better to see what bits you may actually need/use first.

Starter sets will often come with bits you may never use.

You may find you only need/use a couple of bits so price up the cost of individual purchases via starter sets.

Also be aware that router bits vary WIDELY in cost dependant on what you need to use them for. Lower costs bits (not the cheapest bits - I mean the cheaper bits) will usually be fine for softwood, MDF, ply and less dense hardwoods.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back