Drill press, or drill press stand

If it is a British make, it most likely has a Jacobs chuck...
Nutool was indeed a British brand, but they didn't make anything, instead importing manufactured tools from Taiwan and later on China. So I very much doubt that the chuck is a genuine Jacob's (although TBH the quality of Jacob's chucks has fallen considerably in recent years due to outsourcing). Unfortunately, Nutool has ceased to exist, being dissolved in 2012

Sponsored Links
I must have some kind of dementia - I can't remember what my wife said to me 5 minutes ago but I clearly remember buying that hand vice on Oldham market in 1994 for £7! I even remember the bloke selling it had a beard.
Have to agree - I can't remember what the wife told me 5 min's ago - but I can clearly remember her saying 'I do' at our wedding... :)

Do you remember her saying "You never listen to me?"

Sponsored Links
You can get a Universal chuck key on Ebay for less than £3.

1689511045818.png

They are not much good, being made of a weak alloy, but once you know the size you can get a genuine one in steel.

I went to b&q for a chuck key, lugged the drill into the shop and tried a universal key as above and all of their individual ones, none of them fitted perfectly, which was odd, so ended up with one that works but you can feel it's not quite right. Thinking back I don't know why I didn't just put it in a trolley! :rolleyes:

Retractable keyring

I have done a similar, with my own chuck key - small hole drilled through the flat tab, then a tiewrap making a loop to hang it up. Likewise, those pesky replacement tokens, instead of a pound coin, for use in shopping trolleys. A hole, close to the rim, then a tiewrap, onto my keys. I always have a token for a trolley.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back