Drilled into cable - repair advice

Could you post a wider view?
It looks like there is slack on the cable.

Sponsored Links
If I am understanding the situation correctly, this area is behind some base carcases. I would snip the damaged cable, drag it back, make off an accessible joint in the horizontal run, run a new cable from there to the snipped cable in the vertical run (if necessary chopping out the mortar so there is more length) and fit a socket there. If there is no skirting along that wall, you could fit the accessible joint in line with the cable run to indicate its presence.

If I am understanding the situation correctly, this area is behind some base carcases. I would snip the damaged cable, drag it back, make off an accessible joint in the horizontal run, run a new cable from there to the snipped cable in the vertical run (if necessary chopping out the mortar so there is more length) and fit a socket there. If there is no skirting along that wall, you could fit the accessible joint in line with the cable run to indicate its presence.

Any chance you could do a diagram? There is about 3-4 inches of slack on the damaged cable.

Sponsored Links
There is about 3-4 inches of slack on the damaged cable.
In that case, just take advantage of that slack and use the Hager MF JB to rejoin the damaged cable ends behind the unit. You may need to chip out a bit of plaster to get more slack on the end coming from the socket above.

In that case, just take advantage of that slack and use the Hager MF JB to rejoin the damaged cable ends behind the unit. You may need to chip out a bit of plaster to get more slack on the end coming from the socket above.

Great, that’s what I was planning to do. Cheers all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back