Remove Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i want to remove a socket from a ring and cannot re-lay cable from the two sockets either side, whats the best/legal way of joining the cables that were in the socket? I can get under the floor boards so would it be a JB under there? is that ok?

Sponsored Links
no

JBs must be accessible for inspection and maintenance

(screwed connections sometimes become loose)

Once the floor is down no-one will be able to see it, so they won't be able to find it and access it.

Even if you put a removable floorboard above, it will be useless once someone glues down laminate flooring or fitted carpet.

You could use a permanent joint, depending on your skills and tools available to you you could solder or crimp them and protect with heat-shrink sleeving or something else equivalent to the cable sheath.

...cannot re-lay cable ...
What do you mean by "cannot?" If I offered you a thousand pounds, would you find you can?

touché!

ill rephrase - itd be a right pain in my arse to do it.

Sponsored Links
How's about a blanking plate instead of the socket and a simple in-line connection via choc bloc behind it in the b/box?

Or are aesthetics the big issue here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back