Dripping Kitchen Mixer Tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon.
I have had a look on wiki and done a search but to no avail, so excuse me if this has been covered before.

The kitchen tap has started dripping about a week or so ago, slowly at first and now gathered a bit more momentum.
I have stripped the tap down, there are no washers I can find, all seal seal are O rings.
But can't see any damaged or worn ones, I am concerned looking at the shutter valve (plastic) it seem to have a gaps at either side when closed, On both taps.
To O rings seem to do what they should do looking at it logically, by that I mean they keep the water in the tap casing, the drip is at the spout of the mixer.
Any ideas chaps?
Oh the tap is a little over a year fitted from new.

Sponsored Links
I guess the ceramic discs are scratched, try fitting a strainer before the taps to collect grit.

strip down the taps and try a little grease on the faces of the discs, remember it will be drinking water so look for a potable grease/lub.

Al

Thanks for reply
Where are ceramic disc? Everything looks plastic!
Where do I find potable lub, do the sheds do it or is it a vist to the merchant?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back