Dripping Mira Shower head

Apols Peco, I didn't even look and see that you're fed from the same bonny Loch Katrine as I am :) Water as soft as a baby's behind :)
So it wouldn't be lime-scaled up but de-scaler can clean it to remove any other stuff that may be in it.

I'm not familiar with that cartridge so I can't even suggest if it will come apart or not without seeing it to get to the innards/filters etc. It's leaking, so worse case is it get replaced anyway is it not?

Sponsored Links
Apols Peco, I didn't even look and see that you fed from the same bonny Loch Katrine as I am :) Water as soft as a baby's behind :)
So it wouldn't be lime-scaled up but de-scaler can clean it to remove any other stuff that may be in it.

I'm not familiar with that cartridge so I can't even suggest if it will come apart or not without seeing it to get to the innards/filters etc. It's leaking, so worse case is it get replaced anyway is it not?

Yep and I'll bite the bullet if a clean and de-scale doesn't work.

Thanks guys.

De-scale didn't fix it. One thing I'll try is redoing it but using more grease as I'm worried the seals aren't staying in place when I re-sit the Thermostatic Cartridge..

Does anyone know the type of grease to use on the seals?

Sponsored Links
Cartridge replaced. Not fully tested yet as I have a small leak coming from here:

Can someone tell me what this part is called so I can research it? Also should there be any seals on this part?

Additionally, the installation instructions clearly state:

Note! Make sure that the Filter
Plugs are positioned to the front
(i.e. Hexagonal Key facing forward).

Guess which way mine were facing.. Can't replace the filters. :(

Cowboys fitted this bathroom I swear it.

Chop out the cement with a small chisel, undo the compression fittings, remove the shower unit and turn it around.

Don't forget to turn off the water supply and drain down.

Andy

Is that easy done?

Also Andy can you tell me what the fitting is called in this picture? I'm not sure if I can replace the blue washer within it or if the whole thing needs replacing?

I have the smallest leak coming from it. It's trickling straight from the back of the green bit down the tiles as shown in the picture.

Not too sure the back should look like this either..

It could be leaking due to the copper pipe coming out of the wall is not long enough, or the fitting needs to be pushed onto the wall tighter. Are the screws tight when they are done up or do hey spin?

Andy

Post edited above to include pictures.

Yeah the bottom screw turns.. Try longer screws?

Put new plugs in the wall and try the screws again. As long as the screws are tight then that's all you can do, also see if the pipe moves as it might have been pushed back into the wall.

Andy

The pipe moved a couple of ml. But not sufficient to make a difference. I'll try new rawl plugs but would like to replace the whole piece if only I could source it/find out what it's called.

A couple of mm is enough to cause a leak.

Type into google the name and make of the shower. Then click onto images and look for a diagram with discriptions. Then google the discription, hopefully you will find the correct part.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back