Dripping valve thingy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've uploaded a video clip of a valve that leaks at the side of my hot water tank. Sounds a silly question but is it supposed to do this?

Sponsored Links
Nope, get a G3 heating technician in. Most likely the expansion vessel is toast or needs recharging.

Hi, Thank you for the quick reply.
I don't think I have an expansion vessel! Theres nothing at the side of the boiler nor the tank.
Pictures attached
IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3573.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG

I think you should have one somewhere with an unvented hot water cylinder. They are usually a white tank fitted near to the hot water cylinder but I can't see one in your pictures. It may be built into the hot water tank or the boiler. In any case, you really shouldn't touch it as it must be done by someone qualified. Very dangerous.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cheers All, for the replies. Yep, time to get a plumber in

Your cylinder has an internal baffle like the megaflop, if you have the instruction they will show how to recharge the airgap.

The expansion is built into the top of the cylinder and you are allowed to replenish this yourself if you wish, its a very simple procedure and the instructions are on the label on the cylinder, to the right hand side of the tundish (the bit where the leak is) no tools required and very easy to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back