drips and leaks from behind my bath. please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whoever can solve this one will have my eternal thanks!!
I have resealed the gap between my bath and the tiles 5 times. I have had advice from a man in a hardwear shop. I have even bought expensive sealers, but I still get a few drips from under the bath lip and quite a trickle from where the shower door joins to the wall. I have silicaned everwhere but still it drips through. The tiles were fitted after the bath was in place all by a reputable plumber last March. I have even tried using duck tape just to elliminate possible drip sites, but it doesn't work. I am thinking of haveing it all installed again!!!

Sponsored Links
is the leak coming from the bath/shower? any pipe saround where the leak is coming from?

Sponsored Links
If i recall as the side supporting the shower splash gaurd is fitted you have to seal in the bottom of the U strip with silicone...else water gets through the screw holes, plus check your grouting is water proof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back