Drivers in Fog.....Grrrrrr

Not in the slightest markie. I know what that car makes stock. To get up to 334bhp is, as I said "impressive". I have no interest in calling BS a liar (even though the initials are BS - only teasing ;) ).
Anyway, I was just wondering what sort of improvement you could get on a petrol engine torque wise if you can increase the bhp by that much. I got my golf tdi 150 re-mapped a few weeks back and it literally pulls the skin off your face. BHP figures aren't really as relevant as torque figures IMO - I don't like having to rev the nuts off an engine to get it to move. My golf is making 300+ ft/lbs now and I was just wondering what sort of figure BS's volvo is making, that's all.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Not in the slightest markie. I know what that car makes stock. To get up to 334bhp is, as I said "impressive". I have no interest in calling BS a liar (even though the initials are BS - only teasing ;) ).
Anyway, I was just wondering what sort of improvement you could get on a petrol engine torque wise if you can increase the bhp by that much. I got my golf tdi 150 re-mapped a few weeks back and it literally pulls the skin off your face. BHP figures aren't really as relevant as torque figures IMO - I don't like having to rev the nuts off an engine to get it to move. My golf is making 300+ ft/lbs now and I was just wondering what sort of figure BS's volvo is making, that's all.

I've got a honda civic type R which is built to screem the tits off it :LOL:

My point exactly markie - I know that cars like that are very fast, but I also know that you have to wring it's neck to get that power. I've had cars like that and (if you'll excuse me) I find them a little plain at regular driving speeds/revs. A decent turbo diesel will pull like a train at low revs with very little noise and fuss - that's what I like. Each to their own I know. Did I mention at worst I get 40mpg and 12 months road tax for £110? ;)

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Big Hairy P******?
I see the powers that be have added another word to the swear filter. Mods, might I ask what's wrong with the word p e n i s? You'll find it in any dictonary. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back