Driving in France

1200 miles and no speed cameras, you prob went too fast or your eyes are not looking for different shapes. Loads about. I did 2400 miles short time ago and every summer go to or thru France, cameras everywhere. This year a marked increase in mobile speed devices, I saw loads and only once pinched. I also found out from an ex-pat whose property we stayed at, that from July to August teams operate a 'run into the back of' that is they see foreign plate and you run into the back of them

Like most motorcyclists I am more alert towards speed cameras than when driving my car
and can honestly say I haven't seen any, I am not saying there aren't but I always looked upon France and other European countries as heaven compared to the UK.

As for the 'run into the back of' gangs, sounds a bit like the UK :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I only relay what I've been told. As for speed camera they are increasing all over Europe and we should know why. Bikes, lol. you name it I've done it and some over 40yrs,

Sponsored Links
Take care on some rural roads. Sometime, traffic joining the main road from the side has right of way!

Similarly, take care on roundabouts. Rules may have changed now, but at one time, if you were ON the roundabout, you had to give way to vehicles coming onto it.

You may still find this happening today! We did!

Yes, I'd heard about these rules but I cannot see any logic in them.

Actually, on reflection, I suppose it is an effective means of keeping speed down. Who but a complete idiot would steam along a road where at any given time someone might shoot out of a side road without any warning?

Oh, wait...

Take care on some rural roads. Sometime, traffic joining the main road from the side has right of way!

Similarly, take care on roundabouts. Rules may have changed now, but at one time, if you were ON the roundabout, you had to give way to vehicles coming onto it.

You may still find this happening today! We did!

Yes, I'd heard about these rules but I cannot see any logic in them.
Money, money, money, must be funny...

Sponsored Links
Back