Dry Ridge Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brick outbuilding, essentially a glorified garden shed, and I'm in the process of stripping down and relaying the roof. The fascias were partially rotten and the gutter was broken, the underfelt was rotten in places and there were some loose ridge tiles so I decided to strip off the lot and start again.

The roof consists of Marley Modern concrete tiles and ridge tiles, and I'm intending to use a dry ridge system.

My instinct was to go with the Marley RidgeFast system, however I notice this only has a single, central clip on each joint whereas a lot of the cheaper systems, for example the Easy Trim Ridge F Kit, contain three clips. I appreciate only the central clip is actually screwed into the ridge batten however three clips feels like it would provide a more sturdy and hold the tiles more uniformly. It's also less than half the price of the Marley system.

What are your thoughts on the two systems or any others?

Sponsored Links
Easy Trim is god awful, while it has the extra clips it isn't anywhere near as sturdy as Marley, Redland or Klober.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back