Dry verge caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone else think these dry verge caps are not fitted correctly on a new build. The site manager think they are and said it depends where the cut is.

upload_2018-11-2_11-9-12.png
upload_2018-11-2_11-9-12.png

Sponsored Links
It looks like you can see the cuts but I’m assuming the flat part of the tile tucks into the caps and it’s just that we can’t see the flat part of the tile. That’s my take on it. No way would the caps be fitted under the tiles, even Harvey Price wouldn’t do that.

when your allowed into the property take pics of the caps from the dormer window.
you need a down pipe from that outlet as soonest - water streaks an be seen down the wall.
the dormer tiles dont seem to project over the dormer fascia an no felt can be seen?
cant tell from the angle of the photo but the dormer valley looks odd?
is there a full length gutter, like a secret gutter, flashing the dormer cheeks to the roof tiles?

the gable brickwork is snotty an smeared - but the actual bricklaying is tops.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, there is a channel down both sides of the doomer window I hope, I’ll take a picture of both just to make sure. Not sure what you mean about the gable end brickwork is snotty an smeared . The top picture is before the roof went on, the second picture is the property next to ours. Thanks for your help

thanks for that i've never seen or worked on one.

the new pics show the valley is fine an the tiles tip just out over the dormer fascia - i thought they were stopped behind the fascia.

My first thought too was the tiles looked short so I
think they are not intending to put any gutters up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back