Drylining internal corners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be drylining my back bedroom within the next couple of days and have read a lot on here that is invaluable however one thing that I'm not so sure about is the following.
What do you do when you have a run of boards that no matter what you do will not end up with a tapered edge both side of an internal corner allowing the corner to be filled and sanded smooth?
Do you sand the edge of the board to a taper and then pva it prior to filling or is there a better way?

All help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter whether you end up with two tapered edges in an internal corner or not. Sometimes, if you start boarding in a corner, you will have two tapered edges next to each other on each wall, but if you finish boarding in a corner, you will probably finish with two cut boards. You don't have to sand and taper the boards, that would be impossible anyway. Just tape the internal corner joint as if it was a tapered joint, sand it down when dry, and that's it.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back