DT90E Firing Heating On when Timer is Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a DT90E thermostat to me system replacing a T6360B.
All is well, with the wiring as it had four wires bit I removed the earth and neutral to install the DT90E so only have live and switched live now.
My problem is that even though the timer I see off, I can turn on the heating system by increasing the temperature.
Can anyone explain why and tell me how to sort this please.?

Sponsored Links
What timer is it? What boiler/system? Did this not happen before with old thermostat?

Hi both, thanks for the reply.
This did not happen with the previous stat, all worked ok. The controller is a ST699.
I identified the live and switched live from the wiring instructions of the old stat and also confirmed on the web but it shouldn't have power if the controller is off so wouldn't matter if they were the wrong way around.? However I will check this.
The boiler system is gravity and I attach image of the 699 wiring
I appreciate your replies.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
The ST699 wiring looks OK. It tells me that you have a mid-position valve controlling CH and HW. However, in addition to the expected link to terminal 5, there is an extra red wire connected to terminal 8 (HW Com). Do you know where it goes?

Which boiler do you have (make and eact model)?

Do you have a multimeter, and know how to use it?

Problem solved, thanks everyone.
It was a faulty programmer, the switch is faulty and although not lighting the led was permit voltage to thermostat.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back