Dual-button toilet stuck - can't remove lid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully there is someone here who can help me...

One of the toilets has been a bit problematic over the past month, by getting it's dual-button stuck (both of them). I'm not very handy, and repeatedly trying to push it has resolved it the past times.
However, both buttons are completely stuck now and there is nothing i can do to make them pop up again... Therefore the water is constantly running making the toilet unusable. Obviously I closed off the water supply to the toilet. From the past 2h+ on the internet the problem seems to be inside the cistern, only I can't open it. This is a model that you open by pushing one of the buttons down and then removing it with a screwdriver (except the buttons can't be pushed down because they are both stuck and there is no movement in them.)

The buttons look like this : http://www.flushking.co.uk/images/cistern-front-top-lid-bottom_2d_0005.jpg
and it is a Roca brand (bought in Spain). There is no other info on the tank that I can see.

To sum up: Both buttons are stuck. Is there still a way to open the lid?

Hopefully someone here can help me!

Sponsored Links
Try a bit of blue-tac on the buttons to see if you can pull them out.

push one button down, look at the side of the one you didnt push down and there is a little lip/edge for your fingernail.flick it up out the way.repeat on the other one and if its the model im thinking of you will now see a large plastic screw.undo,

Sponsored Links
If both buttons are stuck down, get a vacuum cleaner and use the hose end to see if the buttons can be sucked up.

If not, then drill a small hole into the top of one button, put a large screw in there and use that to pull up. New buttons will be required, but they are probably broken anyway.

Try a blunt knife or something similar between the buttons, they don't take a lot of force to get them out.

Underneath will ba a plastic screw that holds the button moulding down and the cistern lid on.

As Terence.

Push the big button down and the little one can be dug out quite easy, theres a screw under that comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back