Dual outlet cooker connection unit (surface)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know of a surface mountable, dual outlet cooker connection unit.

1G or 2G box is fine.

I can't find anything at the usual places....

Thanks,
Colin

Sponsored Links
Thanks AndyPRK, I should have said I need the box (whatever size it is) to have a cable clamp on it as well...

Sponsored Links
The holes won’t line up on them.

If you can find a single version with a clamp ...

Not many people worry about clamps. Can’t you clip it?

There are clamps on the cooker outlet.

It would be very difficult to fit clamps on both the outlet and back box.

I have one, in a (very deep) single box.

I think it was probably Crabtree. It has the two clamps.

I'm not pulling out an appliance to have a look, though.

I seem to remember 48mm surface patresses having cable clamps in them, but I haven’t fitted one for a very long time so I don’t know if it’s still the case.

*edit* how’s about this then:
https://www.toolstation.com/axiom-pattress-box/p24531

Having looked at the scolmore dual cooker outlet, I’m not sure if it’s suitable for mounting on a standard surface patress.

clicky thing

Last edited:
Quite why one needs a clamp on the surface box I don't know, but the op must have his reasons.

May be a deep single box with a cable clamp, and a block of wood or equivalent under the box?

How important is appearance?

RF. mechanically I think it will fit
There maybe a gap around the back though.

The whole thing will stick out a fair bit

Maybe a pic from the op would help.

Thanks everyone, what I've basically got at present is a 6mm coming from the wall, connected to two 4mm flexes (I think they are 4mm, one could be 6mm), one for the oven and one for the hob.

These are joined in a round JB under the kitchen units. This isn't fixed to anything, and I've got plenty of slack in all three cables, so I'm just wanting to improve upon this, really - hence the desire for clamping 1x incoming and 2x outgoing.

To be fair, I could screw the box to the unit and clip the incoming cable with T&E clips, but I just wondered if there was something ready made that would do the job.

Cheers,
Colin

my preference with this is to fit the box at the rear of a cupboard next to the cooker (screwed to the wall)

Ideally you would fit a metal back box into the wall, (just below where the cable emerges) and fit the double CCU onto that. (these double CCU don't need a deep box - but the distance between the plaster and brick wall would dictate the depth of metal box required)

if you don't want to do this, the next best thing is to fit the link in the 2nd post. I don't consider the incomming cable really needs a clamp if its within a couple of feet from where it comes out the wall.

Also I doubt there is room for a 47mm patress box

dualcookeroutlet_zpsf25e1a80.jpg

This is one I did.
Same situation as you. There was just a cable coming out the wall. and a round junction box under the cooker previously.
Fitted this in the cupboard next to the cooker

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back