dual rcd?

RCDs for any non-protected cable buried less than 50mm, thus meaning pretty much all circuits including lighting? A bridge too far.
If you dont like it, run the lighting cables in metal conduit and SWA or MICC. Its the simple answer to a robust lighting circuit. ;)

More than one way to skin a rabbit. ;)

Of course, there are always methods, but I was thinking more of existing (relatively recent) installations where the lighting is already in T+E and it's just a CU upgrade.

Is split-concentric allowable for non-RCD buried cables?

Sponsored Links
Is split-concentric allowable for non-RCD buried cables?
Yup. Its probably the easiest of the protected cables to use, but the least widely available. I dont think its allowed for switch drops though, due to the presence of a live conductor in the outer sheath.

IMO, the best thing for switch drops is metal conduit, earthed at the switch by the T&E it carries. I believe RF lighting has done a retro-fit installation like this.

I don't think split concentric is on the list of allowable cables for being concealed in a wall or partition <50mm without RCD protection.

Sponsored Links
Yep. I also like to use steel conduit on new jobs to keep certain circuits off RCD such as cookers etc.

steeltube.jpg

IMGP3408.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back