Ducting for Electric Gates with Driveway sub base

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have a derelict house that I am working on and now with the rain coming back, I will need to dig out the top soil in the entrance to lay a base of hardcore for the driveway. Otherwise I'll just get stuck in the mud!

I want to have electric gates, so planning in advance, is it advisable to lay ducting tubes (without the cables) under the hardcore & weed sheet? Or can it wait until later on.

I dont plan on doing anything with the driveway until early mid next year anyway and I haven't decided if its going to be gravel or tarmac just yet. I would just rather avoid a tricky job in the future.
Would love to hear other peoples opinions

Sponsored Links
Ducts as above, minimum requirements as in this image.
1 = To house which provides power and control wiring for intercom/opener
2 = Control box to sensor post 1
3 = Control box to other side of gates
4 = Sensor post 2
You will need another box on the right side to join ducts 3&4
Additional wiring will be needed through the columns onto the outside for additional sensors and for whatever intercom or other controls are on the outside.
Some motors have the controllers inside, but additional box will still be required to join the ducts and for additional equipment controls such as lighting, intercom, etc.

50mm ducting with draw rope inside.

gate_duct.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back