Dulux easycare emulsion over Zinsser 123?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, quick question: I'm planning to paint a bathroom ceiling with Dulux's easycare bathroom emulsion paint. However, there's a bit of old staining that I want to cover with Zinsser bullseye 123 first. Do you know if these two products are compatible or not please? The ceiling is plaster, if that helps.

Also, do I have to cover the entire ceiling with the zinsser, or just the stain? Will the patch show through the paint if I just cover the stain?

Sponsored Links
Depending on how bad the stain is you might be best using Cover Stain (the yellow tinned stuff) rather than 123. Both would cover the stain in the end but Cover Stain should take fewer coats.

If the rest of the ceiling is in decent nick I would be tempted to just paint the stain and it should all blend in after a couple of coats of emulsion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back