Dunfermline BS Goes Bust

The reason no refineries are being built should tell you something. Yup - they are not expecting much oil to refine.

Sponsored Links
True to some extent. But the problem is economic, not lack of inventory.

So joe is that why National Grid are not spening the 4 billion on the gas network to bring it up to standard.
Because there will be no gas to put in it :rolleyes:

So joe is that why National Grid are not spening the 4 billion on the gas network to bring it up to standard.
Because there will be no gas to put in it :rolleyes:

How much are you talking about? Don't we import gas from Norway?

Sponsored Links
Do a wee search and you will find where we now iimport from. wee clue its frozen.

JOE its really siimple if you want to argue do a bit of research on net so you dont make an ar@e of yourself

cant be bothered. It's oil we are short of.

Showing your limited intelligence in regards the combination of the 2

i think by the present calculations, there are about 80 years left of oil and gas exploration within North sea fields and this will only grow, as ub7rm said, technology is improving at such a rate that they are finding new ways to get the oli and gas out of fields that they have already left - this means that a lot of the smaller exploration companies are getting in on the act, at they can exploit these fields more economically than the bigger guys (ie shell, BP, etc)

The whole agrument of england bailing out scotland is carp - you can't ignore that benefit of the revenue from oil and gas to the UK economy over the past X years.

and before any acuses me of being anti english, i do not think scotland would benefit from independance as its too late to make the most of the oil and gas revenues

i think by the present calculations, there are about 80 years left of oil and gas exploration within North sea fields and this will only grow, as ub7rm said, technology is improving at such a rate that they are finding new ways to get the oli and gas out of fields that they have already left - this means that a lot of the smaller exploration companies are getting in on the act, at they can exploit these fields more economically than the bigger guys (ie shell, BP, etc)

The whole agrument of england bailing out scotland is carp - you can't ignore that benefit of the revenue from oil and gas to the UK economy over the past X years.

and before any acuses me of being anti english, i do not think scotland would benefit from independance as its too late to make the most of the oil and gas revenues

The world uses 87 million barrels a day (before the economy crashed). How many barrels does the Nth Sea contribute?

Sponsored Links
Back