Dusk Dawn Light Sensor Switch Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My electrician has wired up 3 up/down pillar lights which are run by a separate Lynteck DS22XX2 dusk dawn sensor switch (I believe this switch is sold under lots of models by different brands, the switch looks the same as a BG WPDD).

I want the lights to come on at dusk and turn off at dawn, so I have set the dials to the moon symbol and D-D instead of a time setting.

Ever since its been installed a few months ago I have had issues with it, such as it staying on all daytime then randomly turning off and needing to play with the dials for it to come on again, I can only ever get it to come on and then it doesnt go off.

The electrician who fitted it isn't interested in spending time working out whats up with it and has told me to power is running to it so I need to check the instructions. There is a little button on the side that I have tried pressing, I have read the instructions but I cannot figure out if I haven't set it correctly.

Please see the images of the install and instructions and let me know if anything doesn't look right, it may just be a faulty unit.

nxCVVRJ.jpg

SQX3X2W.jpg

cHUQ5H4.jpg

PSqB3a7.png

zeIaqgY.png

Sponsored Links
Did you do number 5

I tried holding pressing it in today at about 3pm in daylight, but I'm not really sure at what time whether dark or bright it should be pressed. The manual is a bit confusing on regards to that step. Cheers

At a quess i would say you press it when it starts to get dark, the light level you want it to actually come on

Sponsored Links
The moon and sun adjuster usually set the light level at which it turns on.

Adjust that away from the end stop at dusk until light comes on.

Set other to 1 or 2 hours to test unit and learn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back