dvd rom

You expaned (clicked +) by IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers then the channel?

Sponsored Links
:) hi,eggplant, call me thick/ yep i just sussed it , i was expanding it but not doing it right after that/ :confused: anyway i now done it on mine, and yes mine says AUTO and underneath DMA IF AVAILABLE . :) so i will talk me bruv through it tomorrow and see what he gets to happen/ hard work ain i ,
cheers will give you an update when i know. regards. r.r. :)

hi, eggplant/ he got there in the end, changed it over and done reboot/ but still no good. i done it on mine as well but mine was still ok/ anyway he changed it back to original setting/
he says he,s been doing some research with a prog he got, and he says he needs a decoder ? and it says drivers working ok ?
ive been trying to find out if thats the same as the software disc you put in for somat new , like when you install a printer or scanner./ i said i thought it was ? ive posted the question on other forum.
well its back to the drawing board, thanks to you and others for advice, will post any update. :) second time i wrote this now, lost first one. :(
regards. r.r.

Hi,

nothing that springs to mind I'm afraid, did you try booting from a dvd yet?

Sponsored Links
hi, eggplant / yep he tried that just comes up saying same message ..., he,s convinced by what he,s found out that its the decoder , so thanks again/ will post an update if the problem gets sorted. regards.r.r. :)

I had the same problem when I put a new H/D in. My old H/D came installed with xp home and Power DVD. I did a clean install with supplied support disc for XP home but didn't realise that windows media does'nt have a DVD decoder and when I tried to play a dvd I got same error message. Cant Source etc... As I'm a bit of a duffer :LOL: It took me a few hrs to realise I had to install the supplied Power DVD disc. When I installed this disc it obviously supplied the decoder and my DVD player worked... :eek: Cor!!! I did it all on me own...... :LOL:

But this isnt reading the disc ! Its not getting as far as needing a decoder.

yep thanks for that imfo ..confidentincompetent./ but as eggplant says , its not getting as far as reading the dvd ,
message is. WINDOWS CANNOT READ THIS DISC.
THE DISC MIGHT BE CORRUPTED. OR IT COULD BE USING A FORMAT THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS.

we did try other disc,s by the way./
is that the same message you were getting ? regards. r.r.

redrunner said:
yep thanks for that imfo ..confidentincompetent./ but as eggplant says , its not getting as far as reading the dvd ,
message is. WINDOWS CANNOT READ THIS DISC.
THE DISC MIGHT BE CORRUPTED. OR IT COULD BE USING A FORMAT THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS.

we did try other disc,s by the way./
is that the same message you were getting ? regards. r.r.

Yep I was getting the same message with a link to microsoft (it was sometime ago now) which sort of scanned my computer (or something like that) and the result said my p/c needed a DVD codec.
I'm no techie ( as u might have guessed :LOL: ) so I dont really understand the reply that it's not getting as far as needing the codec. All i can say is when I Installed the supplied power dvd program CD, it worked. Erm just out of curiosity has the problem p/c got any DVD software installed?.Silly question but!!! :LOL:

:) thanks again ..confidentincompetent/. got all that, and in answer to your question .yes he says he has software loaded on his comp./ . regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Back