DVD's

S

Shutpa

When playing a DVD on a new DVD recorder the letters EC2/RGB have started to appear in the top left hand corner of the TV screen. What do they mean and how do I get rid of them?

Sponsored Links
I suspect the menu or display button... Will say in the manual.

Thanks Eggplant, but have tried display button and been through the manual with a fine tooth comb but without luck.

In that case, I have no idea :( often theres an option to display the source or whatever, I hope you sort it, theres nothing worse than watching a vid with some stupid box sat at the top of the screen.

Sponsored Links
Same letters now come up with CD's. Come on guys, I need help!

Hi Bolo
I'm not an expert in anything. You didnt mention what kind of player you have, but the RGB stands for red, green, blue....and it usually appears at the beginning of a set up of video equipment. Your manual would probably mention something of this....as far as EC2 is concerned....my computer displays this when in "virtual" mode....not sure what it means or does.
Hope you work it out.... ;)

eggplant said:
In that case, I have no idea :( often theres an option to display the source or whatever, I hope you sort it, theres nothing worse than watching a vid with some stupid box sat at the top of the screen.
Think it comes a close second, to be honest - people coughing and walking across the screen and mono sound and poor colour and a wonky picture has to be more annoying than a little box. I cannot watch these dodgy dvds, i dont know how anyone can, for the above reasons, though I do have an eye for detail, so i am less tolerant of these issues.

What is the make and model of the player?

Come to think of it, give the make and model of your TV too - this could well be a message from your TV, have you used an RGB connection or SCART? You could easily test the player with another TV to see which device is outputting the message.

EC2 is what the manufacturer has tagged the scart input sockets most manufacturers call them AV1 and AV2. RGB means that the scart input socket on the TV is set to recieve and process RGB red/green/blue input information. But it may also be configured to take in standard composite signal. As an earlier posting replied it is usually a display/info button on the remote control that extinguishes this information on screen. What make and model is this tv and have you tried connecting your dvd into the first scart socket will be marked EC1 which may be more compatible.

Yes this graphic is generated by the tv and as I did not make it clear it will be a button or menu option on the TV remote control. Am I correct in thinking this is a panasonic I believe they use the tag EC/1 EC/2 etc. for their signal inputs.

In reply to VS's question the TV and the DVD recorder are, as Tockworth right assumed, Panasonic (TX-32LXD60 and DMR-EZ45VEBS respectively).

On my Panasonic TVs, if you press the "display" button on the TV remote, it displays (or undisplays) in the top LH corner the Channel you are watching or, if via a Scart or other plugged source, the source it is playing. So this will be e.g. "1 BBC1" "2 BBC2" "EC1" "EC2" etc.

If you have pressed "display" on the TV remote and it makes no difference, I don't know what else to try, except looking at the setup menus and settings.

Try pressing the i button then the exit button.
Try pressing the i button once wait 10 seconds

If you are sure you have tried everything and scoured the manual you will have to resort to the following

1. You can replace the scart lead from your dvd to your tv with a minimum spec scart lead as opposed to a full spec lead which is the one you have at the moment. when you have done this you will have to manually select your dvd channel. This is done by pressing theTV/AV button twice on your TV remote and that will be your dvd channel. Your tv channel will display first AV1 first press AV2 second press.

or

2.You can convert your scart lead by unscrewing at tv end and snipping pin 8 of the plug this removes the switching pulse to the tv which automatically selects the dvd channel when you power up the DVD, but also causes the TV to display EC2/RGB .

I am assuming you do not have the same trouble with AV1 and AV2display or else you will be no further forward.

Sponsored Links
Back