DVR with ethernet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
I am looking for advice on a cheap and cheerful DVR with remote monitoring functionality built in. I'm a Computer Tech by trade so I like the idea of being able to make sure my kids aren't killing each other after school (and burglars!) from my office.

I set one up a while ago for a customer , but his was a lovely bit of kit (Dedicated Micros Sprite II i think ??) , and I am looking for something far more modest.

Obviously I can Google this , but i was really looking for someone who could recommend a piece of kit they have personally installed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I recently fitted a Nabishi 3004 four channel DVR for the cameras at my parents house in place of a home-built 4 channel switcher/VCR auto-record controller that was on its way out.

It has performed faultlessly so far, and provides all the features you would expect of a much more pricey unit - quad, picture-in-picture, simultaneous recording and playback, removable HDD caddy, and audio on all 4 channels. For the £150 it costs and the price of a 250GB IDE hard drive these days you can't really go wrong. The only thing it lacks is a decent piece of TCP/IP monitoring software better than what it comes bundled with, but perhaps that's something they reserve for their 'professional' models.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back