Dyson not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Dyson Dual Cyclone vaccum cleaner I've had for a few years is giving me trouble. It still works at sucking things up from the bottom, but when I remove the hand attachment to do the skirting boards for example, there is no suction. How would I go about unblocking it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you do not still have the instructions, then usually you can remove anything with a yellow clip or fixing,depending on the model they usually have a u-tube at the bottom or a manifold with rubber flaps that you can pull down to clear blockages. There will also probably be a right angle bend that is removeable.On the older models the problem of loss of suction in the accessory pipe is often a gap between the seal between the collection box & the upright tube which can be caused by the filter cover not being installed properly(upside down)

Our DC01 the flexible pipe started to split, causing loss of suction.
New one from Dyson spares I think about £25.

Sponsored Links
I got hold of an instruction manual for it off the internet, and it explains how to clear blockages. Will give it a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back