dyson vacum wont pick up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a dyson dc01 vacuum cleaner just last week it was fine then i had some building work carried out the wife used the vac to clean up all the mess left ie we got new skirtings fitted . now it wont pick anything up i have check all the filters and removed them and replaced them with new ones but it still wont pick up ???? please help if poss.

Thanks in advance Joe

Sponsored Links
Check the removable connections at the base of the unit, not the filters. Also remove the brush, sometimes fluff clogs the brush unit and stops pickup, although teh brush will still rotate. Wash the removable filters. Remove the dust collection unit and take the centre piece (cyclone unit) out and tap it hard a few times, fine dust collects here too. Remove the hose and check you can blow through it. If this all fails, new hoover ;)

Sponsored Links
Hazelb said:
ring dyson they have a help line !

i wouldn't you will probably find out you have invaidated waranty.

useless but true:
did you know most vacuum cleaners are only designed to pick up dust and fine grit out of a carpet, (that is why they have rotating brushes, to diss lodge stuff from carpets) not as most people do, any thing in site.

We had a dyson for years, at least 5 years, maybe 7, but it was still going strong when bits were falling off it, this was the only reason for getting a new one. It did lino, thick carpet, thin carpet, everything, with ease, and people say they are unreliable. :rolleyes:

When it blocked, we took a screwdriver to the removable channel underneath, it was usually this blocked, or the base of where the hose connects to the unit. Also, take the dust bucket and cover off (the top of the bucket bit just snaps off and on on the DC01), and prod things in the holes you see, there might be blockages here.

If you've been picking up more than dust, you've maybe broken the belt. Try to turn the brush. It should be difficult. New belts are fairly cheap but b******s to put on.

A Dyson Vacuum is about the coolest cleaning appliance I have seen to this day. As a cleaning lady, I like to use old fashioned vacuum cleaners for carpets and rugs to trap allergens and they happen to be very affordable. I was browsing the web one day and found a bag-less Dyson vacuum cleaner that I fell in love with. Not only could I afford it at prices lower than your average retail, the website max-vacuum.com offered free financing, free $500 shipping insurance, free ground and quick shipping and a 30 day drop price protection plan. My bag-less Dyson vacuum cleaner shipped within the week of ordering. It cleans hardwood floors, tile and carpet without a problem. I have an amazing warranty if any part needs to be replaced, and it is easy to lift and store when I move to different homes to clean. I love my vacuum.

It only appears good because you have a 60Hz supply on your side of the pond...whilst we poor souls here in Europe have to make do with a measly 50Hz. But its great that a British invention is helping hard working cleaning ladies on the other side of the Atlantic:cool:
Breezer...where have you been dude? We miss your refreshing humour....:LOL:

Ah but we get a juicy 240V instead of that aneamic 110V.

All the better to power the cheap plastic beasts (cheap as in made not cost)

imho they are at best a gimmick and at worst not fit for the job I would toss it in a skip and buy a henry
Dev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back