e-mail addresses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has given me his postal & e- mail addresses, but the e-mail address seems to be wrong. Is there a way I can find out what the correct one is without writing him a letter or paying a search site $20?

Sponsored Links
he did not give me his phone number & appears to be ex-directory as I can't find that either.

why not give us the last part of his address as in @aol.com or talktalk.net
so anybody can correct mistakes in that part of the address !!!!!

Sponsored Links
perhaps he doesn't really want to hear from you.

jj4091 said:
...the e-mail address seems to be wrong.
What makes you think this - are you getting non-delivery messages?

Is there a way I can find out what the correct one is without writing him a letter or paying a search site $20?
No.

if it helps, (Not much though) I have a website where the ennquirer inputs thier email address, its quite often wrong.

to counteract this it asks for it twice, its amazing how mnay times there are differences between the two

Softus said:
jj4091 said:
...the e-mail address seems to be wrong.
What makes you think this - are you getting non-delivery messages?

Is there a way I can find out what the correct one is without writing him a letter or paying a search site $20?
No.
Yes I am getting non delivery message returned from mailer daemon, it says it could not find freeserve.co.uk

Have you tried a google on his name?
there are plenty of web sites (mainly usa) that search by name

Thanks, but yes I entered @ & I have tried a google search. I guess I will try snail mail. Thanks for all the advice.

Belrose said:
:idea: Isn't "freeserve" now "wanadoo" ?
No - it's now Orange.

But it should be called Brown, 'cos it's still sh*t.

:rolleyes: So changed again then ! Yes, they were a pain. I was on 'Anytime' and didn't notice that I had changed to 'dial-up' without any action by me. So got a huge bill. I had a lot of correspondence in which they insisted I had changed the settings but when I visited a local computer shop to buy stuff I learned that everyone in the town had the same problem ! They eventually agreed to give me three free months but I got only two.....

I am now with BT but bizarrely find that if I send an e-mail to
'btopenworld' or 'btinternet' it is blocked as spam. I can't get any sensible response so I just communicate with my three contacts on BT addresses through hotmail, which works - don't have a clue why !

Bel

Sponsored Links
Back